The Simplistic Six Diet
My simplistic Six diet is a overall healthy diet recommended for everyone. It consists of eating foods from the six essential nutrients.
We get our calories from three nutrient sources carbs, fats, and protein. The amount of calories needed per day depends on gender, age, height, and activity level. However many calories your diet consist of, make sure you are ingesting the adequate amount of each source. Carbs should always be 45-65% of total calories, fat 25-35%, and protein 10-35%.
Step #1. Carbs (45-65%)
Whole Grain Pasta, Whole Grain Rice, Whole Grain Bread, Legumes, Oatmeal, fruits like bananas and vegetables like sweet potatoes.
Step #2. Fats (25-35%)
Avocado, Olives, Nuts, Fish, Olive Oil, Canola oil, Coconut
Step #3. Protein (10-35%)
Legumes, Soybeans, Chicken, Fish, Lean Beef, Eggs, Yogurt, Spinach, Carrots, Green beans
Step #4. Vitamins
All fruits and vegetables especially orange and green like Broccoli, Spinach, Cantaloupe. Multivitamin derived form whole foods
Step #5. Minerals
- Calcium – Almonds, figs, beans, carrots, pecans, raisins, brown rice, apricots, garlic, dates, spinach, sesame seeds, brazil nuts, cashews, papaya, avocados, celery.
- Chromium -Brewers yeast, clams, cheese, corn oil, whole grains.
- Copper – Soy beans, Brazil nuts, bone meal, raisins, legumes, seafoods, black strap molasses.
- Iodine – dulse, Kelp, beets, celery, lettuce, Irish moss, grapes, mushrooms, oranges.
- Iron * – Kelp, raisins, figs, beets, soy beans, bananas, asparagus, carrots, cucumbers, sunflower seeds, parsley, grapes, watercress.
- Magnesium – Honey, almonds, tuna, kelp, pineapple, pecans, green vegetables.
- Manganese – Celery, bananas, beets, egg yolks, bran, walnuts, pineapples, asparagus, whole grains, leafy green vegetables.
- Phosphorus – Mushrooms, cashews, oats, beans, squash, pecans, carrots, almonds.
- Potassium – Spinach, apples, tomatoes, strawberries, bananas, lemons, figs, celery, mushrooms, oranges, papaya, pecans, raisins, pineapple, rice, cucumbers, Brussels sprouts.
- Sodium – Turnips, raw milk, cheese, wheat germ, cucumbers, beets, string beans, seafoods, lima beans, okra, pumpkins.
- Sulphur – Bran, cheese, eggs, cauliflower, nuts, onions, broccoli, fish, wheat germ, cucumbers, turnips, corn.
- Zinc – Mushrooms, liver, seafood, soy beans, sunflower seeds, brewers yeast.
Step #6. Water
Water is the most important nutrient, as it accounts for 50 to 60% of overall body mass. It is difficult to provide you with an exact formula on how much water to drink, because
it depends on many different factors such as body weight, height, age, gender, lifestyle and climate. The overall general recommendation is the 8×8 rule, which is 8-eight ounce glasses of water a day. You can also take your body weight and divide it in half giving you the amount in ounces of water you need a day. So if you weighted 180 pounds you
would drink 90oz of water. Also consider about 20% of your water intake will come from fruits, vegetables, milk, and other daily foods.